If you own websites, or if you are a freelancer or an Internet marketer or anyone who works in the online industry, then you would know how important it is to have a nice-looking form on your website so that people can get in touch with you. You can use these forms to gather feedback, receive emails from your customers or prospective clients, and more.
In the beginning, you may need a simple form builder to build forms on your website, but as you start getting traction and gain following online, you may need to up your game and add an advanced form with different features. No matter what you need to do with your forms – collecting emails, gathering feedback, accepting payments, etc. – you can always trust JotForm. Using the new JotForm 4.0, you can easily build forms anywhere and anytime without any issues.
In this article, we are going to see how easy it is to use the drag-and-drop form builder to create various templates, how you can set it up as per your requirements and how to publish it online. So, let’s see all the features about the latest JotForm 4.0 form builder.
What is JotForm 4.0?
JotForm 4.0 is the completely new and updated version of the form builder that was founded in 2006. It is the first WYSIWYG form builder that allows you to drag-and-drop various elements on your template and create the perfect form according to your requirements without using even a single line of code.
Using the form builder, you can create a simple contact form that your visitors can use to get in touch with us or you can create an advance form that is capable of accepting payments as well. It offers integration with PayPal and Stripe to make accepting payments a hassle-free process.
The latest version, JotForm 4.0, is releasing on February 1, 2017 with a redesigned interface making it easier to use than before. Moreover, you can now create forms from your mobile phones, tablets as well as computers – a feature that no other form builder is offering right now. You can easily create your forms and even edit them later on and all the updates will be added automatically without any issues.
JotForm 4.0 – Features And Uses
- You can create user-friendly forms using the WYSIWYG form builder.
- It allows you to create various forms from different devices – mobiles, tablets, computers – and also allow you to invite your co-workers and team members to collaborate on these forms without losing any changes.
- JotForm offers more than 100 integration with various business tools and websites like SalesForce, PayPal, Stripe, Dropbox, Excel and more.
- You can easily create a customer feedback form and send it to your customers. With the conditional logic feature, marketers can build specific-to-user forms that skip questions or ask certain questions based on their previous responses. This way you can learn about the individual customers’ preferences more easily.
- If you connect your feedback survey form with Excel or Google Sheets, all the responses will be stored in the form of a spreadsheet.
- You can even create forms to collect feedback from different team members who are working on a product or service and use the input to make it better.
- With the form builder, you can create application forms to hire new talent and include questions specific to the role.
- You can even make the form more interactive by adding photos, videos and even add visual reports in graphs/chart form.
- The best thing I like about JotForm 4.0 is that you can create forms to collect order and payments. The customer can use the form to specify their orders, choose how many products they want, what kind of product they want, any special messages and more and pay for the order using various integrated services like PayPal, Stripe, AuthorizeNet and more.
- If you lose the Internet connection while building the form, then you don’t need to worry because all the changes will automatically sync once you are back online.
- Other features of the form builder include offline form building, revision history, fully responsive design, in-page preview, more user-friendly, improved pagination, smoother drag-and-drop among others.
How to Build Forms Anywhere and Anytime with JotForm 4.0?
To help you understand the form better, let’s create a simple contact form with it! There are many features and elements offered by the form builder and you can play with it to understand it completely and create advanced forms to perform various tasks. From a simple contact form to a form that accepts orders and payments from customers – you can create everything with JotForm.
The first step is the go to the form builder page and you will see a simple interface with 3 options – Build, Settings and Publish. The first thing we have to do is build a form!
You can change the form name and the form header by simply clicking on it. Moreover, you can even change the text that you enter in the form by clicking on the “Properties” button which will appear on the right-side. You can change the heading size, change the text alignment or add a header image.
Now, let’s add some elements to the page!
On the left-side of the screen, click on the “Add Form Element” option, you will see all the options available that can be used in your forms.
All you have to do is simply drag-and-drop the elements from the list on to your form and nothing else. You can add the name field, email field, messages field and also add elements like CAPTCHA to make it more secure.
Once you have added all the required elements and placed them the way you need on the form, it will look something like this:
Once you are done with your form, click on the “Settings” option! In the first 2 steps, we saw how to build the form; but now, we will see how to set it up properly.
On this page, you can enable the form so that it starts accepting messages, you can prevent multiple submissions, encrypt your data and more.
This page allows you to create conditional logic as well! You can show/hide fields on your form depending on various situations, use values from the different fields to do complex calculations, enable required field option, skip to or hide a page, change the email recipient and also change the “Thank You” page option according to the submissions.
What I really like about JotForm is that you can setup the autoresponder service and add various emails that you would like to send to your customers once they have filled out the forms and submitted them.
You can create new emails, select the time you want them sent, attach documents and more easily.
You can also setup various third-party features in your form from the Integrations tab. You can setup PayPal to accept payments, setup Google Sheets to log all the data in a spreadsheet format, setup Mailchimp to collect form data in the lists, and more.
Finally, you can create the “Thank You” page that will be show to your visitor once he/she successfully completes the form and submits it!
The final step remaining now is the Publish your form!
There are 3 different ways to do this – you can either send the visitors to the direct link of your form, you can embed the form on your website, or you can the 3rd party publish options to add the form in various web properties or social media properties.
And, that’s it! We have successfully created a contact form for your website and you can do it to using the similar steps.
Remember, you can create all the types of forms with JotForm and even use the various widgets to add special elements to your form to stand out from the crowd. So, keep digging in and try out all the features to completely master the form builder.
How Can You Access JotForm 4.0?
The updated and newly redesigned, JotForm 4.0 version is going to be released on February 1, 2017, which means today! So, click on the below link to get access to the form builder and start creating awesome forms.
I hope that you liked this updated form builder and if you did and understood all about the features, then go ahead and check it out. Also, let us know what you think about the form builder via the comments section below.
Check out the video of JotForm 4.0 introduction below!