Windows 8 is out now and chances are there that you might have installed it on your PC/Laptop. Not? Well, install it right away as it is far better than previous versions pf Windows. Windows 8 is good in features, but along with it, you are given the facility of Windows Store. Windows Store is separate place to find apps to install on your Windows . You might have seen the official app stores for mobile OS like Android, iOS. Microsoft wants to make Windows 8 as the best Windows till date and that’s why working hard on every aspect.
The apps are the best way to enhance your experience with Windows 8. Windows Store lists all apps under categories, making it easy for user to find the one that they need. Along with getting apps from Windows 8, Windows Store features the automatic updation of apps. This feature keeps your apps installed on your Windows 8, up-to-date. Although the automatic update feature is great, but you can also update apps in Windows 8 manually. The process is quite simple and I am explaining the same in this article.
Why to Manually Update?
Windows Store automatically updates your apps, then why to opt for manual process? If you are using Windows from quite some time, then you must have noted that the new updates pushed by Windows 8 are always not done on time, at which the new updates are released. Moreover, sometimes, Windows Store does not even push the new updates and thus you keep on using the old version of particular app, unknowingly.
I hope you are curious to know the manual update process. Follow this guide to do so.
Update Apps in Windows 8 Manually
- Before starting with your actions, make sure that Windows Store is open. If it is not so, then open the same to proceed ahead with the process.
- Now open the Charms menu. Just hover your mouse to the right top of screen and click on Charms menu.
- If you are unable to do so, then you can use the shortcut key Windows + C . This will open the Charms menu.
- From that menu click on “Setting” button and then choose “App updates”.
- Click on “Check for updates”.
- Windows Store will start finding the new available updates. After its search is over, it will take you to a new page, if any new app update is available.
- Just select from the available updates, you wish to install.
- If you want to install all the updates, then simply click the ‘Select All’ button and then select ‘Install’ button. All available updates will be installed automatically.
- ‘View Details’ option enables you to check the details of new update. This is an option step, but it is good to know about the new stuff that you will be getting with new updates.
That’s all done! Automatic update feature is available for all, but you are somewhat advanced now. You know the manual update process as well. Let me know of your views on the above article on how to update apps in Windows 8 manually.
Author Bio: Naven Work for robustbuy which is largest China Wholesaler web store where you can find everything from Video games to tablets etc for cheap rates.