Beginning with the basic concept, android is an operating system based on Linux (a system that was developed with the collaboration of the free and open source software) and used in the devices like tablets and smart phones. The initiative to develop the android system was taken by Google (who purchased the initial software developer) followed by 86 other companies including telecommunication, software and hardware companies who together founded the Open Handset Alliance that developed the android system to advance the open standards for the mobile devices. By the end of the 2010, Android smart phones were the leading phones,
and at present android hold approximately 59% of the share of the smart phone market, with 400 million activated devices.
The Rivalry Between The Models
Sometime back iPad was considered to be the best tablet to use but the introduction of the android phones has changed the mind setup. Definitely there are various reasons and explanations to prove the comment. Moreover, the android based phones have introduced many new features that have given a tough competition to the iPads and iPhones.
Discussion About Various Characteristics:
1. In the iPhones and iPads receiving notifications is quite disturbing as it all about pop-ups that even stop the existing function. But the notification system on the androids is simple and does not interrupt the existing function during a message notification. It just informs about the receipt with a slow music and then fades at the bottom.
2. The android phones provide a good home screen with folders to organize the applications which basically helps avoiding too many pages. The screen provides space to place the widgets and other applications in the home screen.
3. The android phones are considered to be truly multitasking as it has enough power to handle the same. The new phone Android 3.0 has a multitasking panel that is not only easy to operate but also provides preview of the applications running at that moment. Moreover, in the android phones there is a facility to capture screenshot which is more updated in the Android 4.0.
4. Among others, one of the best features that has increased its demand is that Android has number of applications which can be downloaded easily from the Android web Store and can be stored in the computer and as well device without syncing.
5. The android system is updated frequently and there is a community of developers for writing applications that adds functional value to the devices. And these latest applications can be downloaded from online stores or third party sites.
Features That Differentiates between various Characteristics of the Phone
1. The platform of the device can adapt VGA, 2D, 3D graphics library having of OpenGLES 2.0 disclaimer.
2. The connectivity supported by the Androids includes CDMA, GSM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, IDEN, UMTS, NFC, LTE and Wimax.
3. The messaging type includes SMS, MMS, text messaging and more lately Android Cloud to Device messaging which is a part of push message service of the Androids.
4. The Android phones are java supported as the applications are written in Java.
The Androids supports all formats of audio, video and still like WebM, H.264, MPEG 4, AMR WB, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, JPEG, PNG, GIF and many more.